Terms And Conditions
- Service Agreement Terms and Conditions
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Arbitration Protocol
- Network Coverage
- Wireless Service Charges
When you visit our website:
- We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to understand which pages users access most frequently. Your IP address is also used to gather broad demographic information in an aggregated form.
When you place an order:
- When you place an order over the phone, we record the call for sales verification purposes and we collect personal information such as home address, telephone number, date of birth, email address and credit card information. We use this information to confirm your identity and credit history so that we can accurately bill and collect for the products and services that you receive from us.
- As you do business with us, we may monitor and/or record your telephone conversations with our customer service representatives to ensure service quality.
Once you become a Cityfone customer:
- We will use this information to administer contests, rebates and other promotions.
- We will use this information to protect you, and us, against error and fraud and to comply with legal requirements.
- We may analyze your use of our products and services to help us provide better wireless product recommendations and special wireless offers that we think will interest you.
- From time to time we may contact you by mail, phone or email for the purposes of making you aware of wireless products and offers that you may be interested in. No one other than a Cityfone representative will contact you in this regard. Customers may opt-out of receiving these types of communications – Please refer to the “Opting Out” section below.
It is always your choice whether or not you provide us with your personal information; however, a decision to withhold personal information may restrict or prevent us from providing you with a particular product or service.Disclosure of Personal Information
Cityfone may disclose your personal information under circumstances such as:
- To your legal representative, provided that we are satisfied that your consent has been obtained by the representative.
- To a credit collections and reporting agency.
- If a customer calls 911, we will provide the customer's name, address and telephone number to the emergency agency.
- We do not provide directly all the services related to your relationship with us. We may use selected third party service providers/business partners to process or handle your personal information on our behalf and to assist us with various services such as printing, mail distribution, marketing, credit verification, invoicing and product/service fulfillment, and you acknowledge that we may release information about you to them.
- Some of our selected third party service providers/business partners may be located outside of Canada. As a result, your personal information may be accessible to regulatory authorities in accordance with the laws of these jurisdictions.
- To another telecommunications company for the efficient and cost-effective provision of telecommunications services.
- In order to comply with applicable law or court of law.
- We will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified above, except with your consent.
- We always use industry-standard encryption technologies when transferring and receiving consumer data exchanged with our site.
- We will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards.
- We will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes identified above. If you identify any incorrect or outdated information requiring amendment, please contact us. We may ask you to put your request for a correction in writing. We will make the proper changes and, upon your request, provide you with a copy of the corrected information.
- We will honour any request you may make for access to your personal information.
We will keep your information only for as long as it is needed to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected. We have taken strong measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your personal information. But it is also important that you take all necessary precautions as well to help keep your personal information safe and secure at all times.Opting Out – Your Right
We would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. However, you do have choices and can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
- You may have your name removed from our telephone, mail or e-mail marketing lists. We use these lists to inform you of relevant products, services and special offers that may be of benefit to you.
- You may refuse to provide personal information to us. You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have any questions or concerns about our privacy practices, please contact us as noted below. We will inform you of our complaint procedures and will assist you in resolving the situation. If a complaint is found to be justified, appropriate measures will be taken including, if necessary, amending our practices and procedures. Cityfone #101- 3991 Henning Drive Burnaby, BC V5C 6N5
The Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada oversees Cityfone’s personal information handling practices. If your privacy concerns are not addressed to your satisfaction by Cityfone you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada for further guidance: